Sunday, August 26, 2007

...uh huh...

I did a little historical research (uh huh...I talked to my dad) and he told me the following:

Once upon a time, Toronto was smaller than it is today. In fact, back then some of the BIG names in business and politics (Lippincott, Borden, Robert) used to live outside of the city (I think it was then called York, or Hogtown...who knows....probably my Dad). Anyway, these bigwigs didn't want to live outside of the action (I mean really, who does?) so they decided to create an 'annex' to Toronto so they could still live 'in the city' Ergo, "The Annex" was born. Of course, The Annex eventually became part of the downtown core (if you ask me THE downtown core...but that's probably just because I'm from The Annex...la dee da...).

Isn't that fascinating??

I hope no one lost any sleep over that unanswered question.

No comments: