Tuesday, August 28, 2007

...everything's better in colour...

Alright, so since I'm not home and since there has been so much 'wordiness' going on in my blog thus far, I'm going to post some pictures. No, I didn't take them myself. I thought about it though, so it's almost the same thing.

Right?

Just say right.

So this is The Annex...well, sort of. The first two are, and the first is not far from my house. Note the lovely Victorian architecture. My house looks nothing like that (and you've wondered why I'm such an individual? I can't help it. Even my house is 'different').


The second is, that's right, SNOW. I will see some of that in about 2.5 months. I may die. As it stands now in the middle of August, I'm going outside with long-sleeved shirts and polar fleece jackets. I'm sleeping with a duvet and a blanket. Lord help me when snow arrives.

The final picture isn't really 'the Annex" I suppose. It's Spadina Ave. which runs through the Annex, but it's mainly a picture of Chinatown and Kensington Market. But you can see the CN Tower, and it's sunset-y. So really, who wouldn't want to look at it simply for it's ability to capture the complexity of Toronto culture. Yes, in my high school I was a minority. (I'd say roughly it was about 60% Asian, 25% Portuguese/Italian, and 15% the rest of us).


Oh ethnic diversity, how I love you.

That's one great thing about being back in Toronto.

1 comment:

Cameron said...

An educational read!
I certainly owe you and the annex a vist. Stay tuned!
Cam