Monday, June 1, 2009

,,,this is June...

JUNE 1st.....and we woke up to a foot of snow outside!

By the end of the day most of the white stuff had the good sense to melt away, but the forecast is threatening more in the next day or two.  

It's JUNE.   

Well, what can one expect if she chooses to live in the Arctic?  

In other news, my laptop died.  No fear, a new one is on the way, eventually.  It's difficult being disconnected up here (although I've been doing more reading).

3 more weeks of school left!  It's hard to imagine it's near the end since there hasn't been any sort of seasonal change.  I tend to equate the end of the school year with melted snow, blooming flowers and sunshine.   Well, I suppose we do have sunshine in spades.  We're practically at 24 hours these days.  It makes it difficult to sleep - we have our windows blacked out (on a plus note about the windows: the constant sunshine has melted the thick layer of ice encrusting them so we can now actually open the windows!  Fresh air: getting it's now a breeze).  

I start a 'Puberty and Sexual Education' unit tomorrow with my students.  I picked up a GIANT picture board book about pregnancy from the Health Centre this afternoon.  It's pretty awesome and reminds me a bit of one of the books I had when I was a kid (only mine was much smaller and included pop-ups and all that jazz).  While I was picking it up, one of the nurses told me to 'emphasis the pain and responsibility of pregnancy.'  Check.  Pregnancy = Pain.  Hence why I only plan to do it once, and maybe in about a decade.  I've got to psych myself up.  

26 days!

Not too shabby.  

No comments: