Saturday, October 6, 2007

...Thanksgiving Weekend...

Ah, Autumn has arrived! The leaves are turning their various hues, the chestnuts drop as squirrels scamper along uneven branches, while the air is strewn with the scent of fall foliage. And everywhere, there is a pervasive feeling of despair. Winter is coming. It only gets worse from here.

I know, I really am quite optimistic.

In the spirit of the season, and because we're having Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow (ok, more because we're having Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow than the spirit of the season) I made two pumpkin pies. I love pumpkin pie! I don't really like pies, but I will make an exception for the pumpkin variety.


And this is how I spent my Saturday.

Did you know that "Emily" actually means "industrious, hard-worker." See, it's not even my fault. Just wait 'til Christmas...and I tell you about my middle name.

2 comments:

laura dot said...

Your pie looks beautiful.

I may just "borrow" your pastry leaf idea.

T said...

mmm...pumpkin pie